Monday, February 9, 2009

Too Good Not To Share - Part I

Being an illustrator myself, I think one of the most important things about being a successful artist is not just creating pretty art pieces but being able to find a unique style of your own.

After several months in Etsy and added numerous talented illustrators as my favourites, I am going to share with you some of their works. To pick a few artists from the long list is already a big headache, let alone choosing 3 artworks out of their shop to feature here. To make my life easier, I shall group them into different themes. This week's theme would be sweet/cute style.

Ashleyg has a very simple style and you can feel the emotion in every characters she has created.

Going Swimmingly


Family Sweet Family


Why So Blue


Next, featuring TummyMountain. Her works are sooooo adorable with very cute titles that are sure to put a smile on your face. :)

Next Year I'll Be Bigger


Making Shadows


What Cake


Next, you have to love these cute 'evil-face' characters by badbird. :)

Gnome


Little Red Ridinghood


Snow White and the Usual Suspects


Lastly, Belleandboo is one of the earlier etsy sellers I've added as favourite. Isn't her works lovely?

Ava In Wonderland


Lola Freedom


Belle and Boo Fly a Kite


I hope you like some of the art pieces I've shared with you so far? :) Someone asked me this out of curiosity, ''Aren't you afraid that by doing this, shoppers are going to buy the other artist's work instead of yours?'' Interesting question. Actually I've thought about that and was a little worried.. but not enough to stop me from wanting to share these goodies with you. As for whether customers are going to choose other artist's work over mine, I'll leave that to fate. Haha.

5 comments:

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

Thank you so much for featuring my work along side such other wonderful illustrators, including yourself. I think its what keeps us going, looking, being inspired and encouraged by other artists. Mandy

Parallax said...

What a great selection -- thanks for sharing, I always love to see the creativity of etsians

Stacey said...

Those are all such beautiful works of art, and all so distinctly different.

TummyMountain said...

Wow what a beautiful blog! Your work is great! I love the girl with the kite receiving the mail! Thanks for featuring the little ones with such talented company. Snow White and the Usual Suspects made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

The real art is learning how to see and appreciate arts inclusive of works by others. Well done!