Thursday, June 21, 2012

Stamp Stamp Stamp!

I remember when I was a little girl, making miniature clothes for my barbie dolls was one of my favorite hobbies (I still have my barbie dolls hidden away in my closet. Shssss.....). Ermm.. but paper clothes those were, because I was too young to learn how to sew back then. If you're thinking of beautifully folded origami clothes, you are very wrong. I'd actually used tapes to join the sides of the papers together. And when they came off easily, I decided that stapling them would be a wiser choice. It makes me giggle out loud now as I recalled how pathetic they looked. Ohhhh, I even made (stapled) paper panty with the word, 'PANTY' right in middle for barbie! Poor doll!! Hahaha!!!

Okay.. I got a little carried away. Anyway, the purpose of this post is not to let you know how I'd abused my toys but rather to share with you another interesting childhood hobby of mine. I loooove to collect adorable stickers and rubber stamps! Not only that, I took pride in sticking/ stamping them all over my textbooks, my schoolbag, pencil case, school shoes, cabinets, tables, walls, the back of my tiny hands, and anywhere you could possibly think of. Sigh.. Those were the days eh. Well, who would have thought that one day my drawings would be made into rubber stamps as well?! Heh.

Emily from Stamping Bella had transformed some of my drawings into her line of rubber stamps. Did I mention this lady has a thing for quotes too?

Check out other adorable stamps in her shop HERE. I promise, you'll be spoiled for choice!























I'm so glad to have crossed path with Emily. I tell you, this lady is the most creative, quirkiest and craziest mother artist I've ever met. Although I've never met her in person, I can feel her vibrant energy through our emails exchange and it's almost as though I can hear her contagious laughter from here! Sounds scary eh. Ha.

Here's what Emily had created with my stamps. I 'borrowed' these photos from her blog. :p Oh, by the way, she said she'll be sending me some samples! Now I can stamp my own designs all over my house again!!! Weeeeeeeeee~~~~ XD

























Nice right!! I really like the raw, vintage feel!





















Here's something she made for her son. How sweet!




































Also, here are some lovely cards created by her designers with my stamps. My style has always been minimalist with a slight touch of color. These experimentations seem so different but so pretty too!


If you like what you see here and would love to get your hands 'dirty' to make one of these, be sure to check out Emily's website. Or her retail outlet if you happen to visit Canada: 
55 Doncaster Ave #130 Markham, ON L3T 2K8, Canada.  

Before I go, I'd like to urge you again to take a tour to Emily's blog. You'll be inspired! ;)

1 comment:

Holly said...

This is so cool! Your work makes lovely stamps, and it's fun to see all the different ways people have used them in their own creations.