Friday, May 22, 2009

Tarot Oh Tarot~

My new deck of Tarot cards!!! Yay~ This is by far the most expensive deck I've got. The illustration on the box first caught my attention and I had to buy it because it was a pic of a beautiful Angel! Haha. For those who are not aware, I have a fetish for Angels. Anway, back to the main point. I was trying so hard to convince myself that since I already own a set of Angel Oracle cards, I can do without this but.. but.. I really like it :( (I probably didn't try hard enough).

Finally, my heart ruled over my head. Now I can proudly show off my latest possession. :D





A bit of info about Tarot. Tarot is used as a mean of understanding ourselves better and gleaning insights into the future. It offers us a form of guidance, help us to indentify any obstacles that stand in our way and the resources that we possess to overcome them. There are a total of 78 cards in a deck - 21 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana (made up of four suits: Cups, Wands, Pentacles and Swords).

I am not a professional tarot reader but I do practise reading for myself once in a while. Well, they were pretty accurate. Hee.

Let's see my other collections. Currently I have a total of 3 decks ONLY.. Yes, I said 'only' because it could have been 111 decks if I have that extra money. I have a soft spot for beautiful paintings so it makes me happier when I can own the whole series of paintings by simply buying one deck of cards.

How can I resist these beautifully illustrated Mermaids (click on image to view a larger pic).



Now, I have something different for you, my Gothic Vampire deck. If Twilight decides to have a Tarot series, I would gladly trade this with it. Err.. no wait, I take back my words. I will keep this and add that to my collections.



Alright, enough of my showing off. Now let's see the one on my to-buy-list (scrolling down the long list)...

You got to love this, The Bohemian Gothic Tarot was voted number ''Deck of the Year'' on the Aeclectic Tarot forum. I get all excited by just looking at these pics. I WANT ONE!





Hope you've enjoyed my little collections. If you're looking for a Tarot book, I would greatly recommend the one I'm using. You can see an image of the book here. Unless of course if you'd rather invest this bit of money on a deck of cards than getting a book, I have this awesome online Tarot interpretation you can check out.

Not enough? Since I'm feeling so generous today, I'm going to help you save money on the cards as well. Nah! Click here to get FREE Tarot readings! Well well.. it's still not too late to say you love me. lol. Have a wonderful weekend~ :D

5 comments:

devonrose said...

OMG! I LOVE tarot cards! I just did the free reading, so much fun:) thanks!

Holly said...

Those are so beautiful, I especially love the mermaids! I have always enjoyed tarot cards, even though I have no idea how to use them. They are so fun to look at, the illustrations always impress me. Thanks for sharing yours, as well as the links for those of us who are clueless when it comes to what they mean.

Adele Di Fior said...

Nice entry! Love it! (^__^)

Little Dickens Designs said...

Wow, beautiful artwork on those Tarot cards. I guess I never really thought about them in that way!

Anonymous said...

I love these!!! I don't have any Tarot cards but I'm thinking of starting a collection...

...your products look fab by the way (in reference to a few entries up!)